CALMED


CALMED
I think I will be a splendid grannie.
Often times I envisage sitting on that simple couch close enough to the fire-place savouring into the warmth. I imagine that I will probably be laughing at my younger self and the miniature decisions that gave me sleepless nights.

I often sit here and chat with my future old-self on what the future seems like because frankly speaking, none of us can describe with certainty the days to come.
I envision my sun-tanned skin struggling to glow with my wobbly hands fighting to garner enough strength to play around with my grandchildren. I imagine my similarly old hubby (call him husband) with patterned wrinkles on his brow expressive of the incredible journey we will have endured.

I think eye-lines are beautiful. Mine would probably tell of the laughter, affection and certainly of the scars of wounds that once existed.  I think my litheness and articulate speech will portray a pot of Godly wisdom accumulated over the years oozing effortlessly to the young ones (somebody say AmenJ).
pinterestimages
I’m actually convinced that sometimes (and those times are many), generations will literally wish to pull away the mask of age around my feeble frame just to get a glimpse of the girl that I once was over the years.
Then I will tell them, ‘you don’t have to because if you can pay attention, then you’ll see her because she still lives’.

But then this creepy thought keeps stealing my wow imaginings every time. In a world that measures self-worth on basis of luxuries and fame rather than the content of our character, I dread the generations to come.
Will that young damsel that I will bring forth understand that beauty and life are inseparable?
Will that lad comprehend the place of love, virtue and guarding his appetites however loud they echo?
Will he intrinsically seek to guard his neighbour’s girl in light of bullies; or will he foolishly join in?
I still wonder.
But then hope yields more power and I realize that even then, remnants will surely thrive just like in times of Noah.
Wait a minute! The times of Noah are already here!
Do we have remnants?

Mwende

2 comments:

  1. Great imagination in this piece. May your future be full of God's grace and wisdom

    ReplyDelete

Rightful Thinking

You make your life through your thoughts; make it well. My grandma used to say this countless times such that it became a saying that ...